I wasn’t planning on writing another post, but then these happened…
I don’t ever say this… but you have to make these!!
The pictures do not do them justice but it’s dark out so this was the best I could do.
They are so damn tasty! I sneaked one straight from the oven, it was sooo yummy and we all know these things get better as they cool!
In fact I’m really having a battle of the wills not to stop typing this post get up and have another one! Patience damn it woman!
I adapted this recipe from one of Jessica’s over at how sweet it is and also from an idea that Corey at Learning Patience gave me. See I was all set to make regular old banana bread muffins. Until I saw Corey’s version with ooey gooey melted chocolate dumped in the middle of them!
I mean whats not to love about that idea!?
So I settled on my base recipe, and then decided to take it a step further. I put my own little twist on things by adding melted white chocolate and peanut butter!! It’s a combination made in heaven! :) I mean I know i’m not setting world records here and it has DEFINITELY been done before (and done, and done and done!) but, not in my kitchen!
So I’m allowed to be a little pleased with myself, right?! :)
Gooey Chocolate and PB Banana Bread Muffins
Ingredients for the muffin mix (adapted from this recipe) Makes about 8
- 1 and 1/4 Cup of wholewheat flour
- 1 Egg
- 1/4 cup of soft brown sugar (You could probably cut down on the sugar as the bananas are such a great natural sweetener but I have to admit I love these as they are, sugar and all!)
- 1/2 Teaspoon Baking soda
- 1 Teaspoon of Vanilla essence
- 2 Very ripe large bananas
For the gooey centre
- White chocolate melted on a low heat (1/2 teaspoon full in each muffin)
- Peanut Butter (1/2 teaspoon full in each muffin)
You can change those amounts up though depending on what you like… more peanut butter less chocolate, sure! More chocolate AND more peanut butter, go right ahead! :) Whatever you like!
- Preheat the oven to about 170
- Crack your egg into your bowl and then whisk in your sugar.
- Now add in your bananas and mash well, stirring all together.
- Now sift in your flour. Stir through.
- Add your vanilla essence.
- Now melt your chocolate on a very low heat and set it to one side, be careful not to burn it. I have, more times than I care to remember!
- Finally add your baking soda to muffin mixture, stir through and spoon batter into your muffin cups. Make them about half full.
- Now add a teaspoon of melted white chocolate and 1/4 teaspoon of peanut butter into each muffin.
- Finally add your remaining banana bread mixture so that the chocolate and peanut butter is completely hidden.
- Place in oven and bake for around 20 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. My oven tends to cook things super quick so you amy need 25 minutes.
Ooh also, don’t forget to line your muffin cups with cooking spray. I forgot, oops!
Anyway I feel much better now I have shared these with you lot!
Although two posts in one day… i’ll be wearing myself out! ;)