It went down well. Extremely well. In fact, Luke said it was his new favourite dish! Let me remind you that there is ZERO meat included!
So, without further ado… I give to you the Oat Couture version of Jenn’s Mexican Pizza Lasagna.
I made my chili by throwing the following into a big ole pot…
- 1 Packet of quorn mince
- 1 Tin of chili beans
- 1 Onion (chopped and sauteed in a little olive oil) - I did this part first.
- 1 Green pepper (diced)
- 1 Red pepper (diced)
- 3 Mushrooms (chopped into small pieces)
- 1 Tablespoon of tomato paste
- 3 Cloves of garlic
- A little boiling water (I didn’t measure, sorry)
- 1 Tablespoon of Oregano
- Herbamare (to taste)
- Chili powder (to taste)
- Chipotle tobasco sauce (to taste)
- A little cornflour to thicken slightly
Whilst this was cooking I baked 4 wholewheat tortillas in the oven until they were nice and crisp.
Then I layered it all up. One tortilla, a helping of chili, some cheese, another tortilla and so on. I finally topped it all with some avocado.
It was freakin amazing!!! In fact I am writing this post and contemplating whipping up another batch.
I’m sure knowing that it originated from Jenn’s kitchen is reason enough to try this dish but just in case you are still in the fence…
I urge you to make it.
You will not regret it.